One dish, easy and tasty meals are my FAVOURITE! This chicken casserole doesn’t disappoint! It’s loaded with veggies, chicken, cheese, and bacon! Pure comfort food! And lots of leftovers.
You can use riced cauliflower or just chop up the broccoli and cauliflower after its been steamed. Just depends on what sort of texture you like. Steaming the veggies before putting it in the oven stops it from turning into a liquid mess!
I hope you like this one, it’s a keeper in our house.
Serves 6-8 Prep Time 20mins Cook Time 30mins
450g riced cauliflower
400g broccoli florets
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
OR 600g chicken thighs
4 slices bacon, diced
3 cups grated cheese (cheddar or tasty)
2 large eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp garlic powder
Pepper & salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Steam the cauliflower and broccoli until almost cooked through.
- Fry the bacon until crisp.
- Add the steamed cauliflower rice and broccoli to a large bowl with the chicken, bacon, eggs, 2 ½ cups cheese and spices. Stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture into 9×13 baking dish and sprinkle the top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
If chicken is uncooked, add 15mins to cooking time or until cooked through.
Adapted from https://thatlowcarblife.com/low-carb-chicken-casserole/