I must admit, i have succumb to the craze with these salted caramel crunch bars! There is something so delicious about the combination of salty and sweet flavours that makes your mouth water. The yummy caramel crunch bars topped with choccy buttons are the perfect to pop in the kid’s lunchboxes, for an on-the-go snack or as a post workout re-fuel! They can be eaten any time of day so be warned…practice moderation…these delights will disappear very quickly!
Caramel Crunch Bars
1 cup Dates
1/3 cup Raw Cashews
1/2 cup Desicated Coconut
2 tbsp Flaxmeal
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Mesquite Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
3-4 cup Buckwheat
2 tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
2 tsp Rice Malt Syrup
2 tbsp Cacao
- Add dates to processor and whizz until sticky paste is formed.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the buckwheat, and process until the mixture combines.
- Turn off the processor, mix in buckwheat with a spatula.
- Line a square tin with baking paper and pour in mixture. Press firmly.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until firm, or overnight is best.
- Pull out of tin, decorate with Raw Chocolate (see below) and cut into bars or squares.
- Combine coconut oil with syrup.
- Add cacao and whisk until with a fork until mixture is smooth.
- Decorate bars with buttons, drizzles or patterns – get creative and have fun!