No more greasy and questionable Friday night pizzas for you! This recipe is easy peasy and great for getting in your vegetables, using “what’s in the fridge” or handpicking your most favourite flavours.
1 Whole Cauliflower Head
1 Egg, beaten
1/3 cup Soft Goats Cheese (Chevre)
1 tspn Dried Oregano
Pinch of Salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Pulse cauliflower florets in batches in a food processor, until “rice-like” consistency.
- Fill a large pot with about an inch of water, bring to the boil, add the rice and cover. Cook for about 4-5mins. Drain in a fine mesh strainer.
- Once you have strained the rice, transfer it to a clean thin tea towel, wrap up, twist and squeeze all the excess moisture out (be careful not to burn your hands).
- In a large bowl, place the rice, egg, cheese, spices and mix really (really) well.
- Press the dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper, keep it about 1/3 inch think and shape to your liking.
- Bake for 30-40mins until firm and golden brown.
Now it’s time to add your flavours!!!
Homemade tomato and capsicum puree, pancetta, cherry tomatos, rocket, pine nuts, mozzarella, shaved parmesan.
Silverbeet, broccolini, Spanish onion, mozzarella.
Prawn, roasted capsicum, homemade pesto.
Roast pumpkin, sage, slivered almonds, ricotta.
Roast chicken, Spanish onion, cranberry, spinach.
TIME SAVING TIP – double up the entire mixture and make two crusts, after you have baked, wrap one up in foil and place in the freezer. All you have to do next time is top with ingredients and bake.