Spiced Pumpkin Soup Recipe
It seems like that time of year again – Our first week of blustery, gustery days and the calling of healthy, hearty soups!!! You can’t go past this warming mix of spiced pumpkin yumminess. Definitely make this a couple of times, adjusting as you go the flavours and quantity of spices to perfect to your tastes buds. Enjoy!
1 Medium Onion, chopped
2-3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
2 Sticks Celery, chopped
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Granny Smith Apple, peeled & chopped
1-2 tbsp Curry Powder (add more or less depending on your liking)
700-800g Pumpkin, peeled & cubed
Homemade Vegetable or Chicken Stock
1/2 cup Coconut Cream
Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Place coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat, add onion, garlic, celery. Gently saute until ingredients have softened, about 5-6mins.
- Add apple and curry powder, stirring for another 1-2mins.
- Then goes in the pumpkin, combine well with curry mix. Once coated, add enough stock to cover mixture – increase heat to bring to the boil, then cover and reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- Leave for 25-30mins, or until all ingredients are cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly (more so for safety!) before you use a stick blender to puree. Add in the coconut milk, mix well and season to taste.